Datylon Graph, Beta v0.29
Datylon Graph is not compatible yet with Adobe Illustrator 2020 (v24), released early November'19. We will fix this as soon as we can.
- Datylon chart objects should not be renamed in Illustrator (layer tab). Otherwise the link with the data will be lost. However, Datylon data sheets and data elements can be renamed within the Datylon Graph panel.
- A Datylon Graph chart cannot be ungrouped without losing the link with the data. The Datylon Graph chart can be expanded in Illustrator. This allows you to manipulate the chart using Adobe Illustrator tools, but the connection with the data will be broken and you’ll lose all Datylon Graph functionality.
- Rotate, reflect or shear of charts is not possible. Special effects and some other Illustrator features and properties cannot be applied to a Datylon Graph chart. The appearance of the chart and its background need to be defined in the Datylon Graph panel.
- Datylon Graph charts cannot be put in an Adobe Illustrator library.
- Drop shadows defined in Datylon Graph panel do not render in Illustrator. They can only be viewed in Datylon Insights.
- Only Truetype (.ttf) fonts are supported. Most other fonts do not appear in the font selection list in Datylon Graph. Please see the article about fonts for more details.
- After first installation, and using Adobe Illustrator you might see the message: "Clipping will be lost on roundtrip to Tiny". This is not an error message, but an alert simply telling you that a clipping mask will not survive saving to SVG Tiny (designed for mobile devices) and import back to Illustrator. See more info on Adobe Forum: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/321654
Just tick the checkbox "Don't Show Again", click OK and it you'll be fine.
- For temporary limitations regarding CMYK mode, please refer to the following article.
Export to Datylon Insights
- Text, created in uppercase, i.e. when using the Illustrator feature Type>Change Case>UPPERCASE, will not show up in the data story as uppercase when exported to the Datylon Insights platform.
- Images are not always rendered pixel perfect in Adobe Illustrator. A soft pixelated edge might be visible when exporting a data story with images to Datylon Insights. To avoid this, draw a mask around the image using one of Illustrator's drawing tools and define it as a clipping mask in the Ilustrator menu Object>Clipping Mask>Make. The edges of the image will be sharp.
- If a chart or data story is to be exported to, and may be published in Datylon Insights, the chart area box(es) should be positioned completely within the Illustrator Artboard bounderies. Charts with a chart area box outside the Artboard, will be ignored and not be exported.
- Only one Artboard at the time can be exported to Datylon Insights. It is the active Artboard which will be exported.
- In case of many charts (25+) in one document, please wait until all charts have been rendered before copying or pasting one or more charts.
- And of course, it is always recommended to save your work on a regular basis