Read here how you can active a custom or yearly subscription.
Activate your monthly, yearly or custom subscription
- Make sure you are signed in to Adobe CC with the correct Adobe-ID.
- Start Adobe Illustrator, and open or create a document
- Click once on the icon and drag a box on the artboard.
- If you were not signed in to Datylon before, the Datylon sign-in window appears. Use your Datylon account email and password.
- The Datylon for Illustrator panel appears with the header shown below. Click on I have a subscription to activate your license. Make sure to fill-in the correct Adobe ID when asked for.
In case you purchased a monthly or yearly subscription, the automatic subscription renewal option is enabled by default. As such, at the end of the expiration period, the subscription will be renewed automatically. To disable the automatic subscription renewal, see this article.
Optional: Clearing Cache of Adobe Illustrator
Sometimes, the cache of Adobe Illustrator needs to be cleared first to be able to activate the license properly. In that case, go to step 1. If still no success, go to step 2. Otherwise contact Datylon support via chat or email@example.com.
1. Adobe CC Sign-out > Sign-in
Sign out and in again to Adobe CC and proceed as instructed above to log-in to your Datylon account and activate your license.
2. Hard clear cache
However, in some rare cases, the above procedure is not enough and the cache of Adobe Illustrator needs to be cleared the hard way. In that case, follow the steps below:
- Quit Adobe Illustrator
- Open Terminal: In Finder, open the /Applications/Utilities folder, then double-click Terminal.
- Type in Terminal:
rm -rf ./cep_cache
- Close Terminal
- Start Adobe Illustrator, start up the Datylon for Illustrator by dragging a chart box and proceed as instructed to log-in to your Datylon account and activate your license.
Quit Adobe Illustrator
Open the Command Prompt app:
Select the Start button, type cmd and open Command Prompt.
- Type in Command Prompt:
rmdir /s cep_cache
- Close Command Prompt app
- Start Adobe Illustrator, start up Datylon for Illustrator by dragging a chart box and proceed as instructed to your Datylon account and activate your license.