Learn how to get started and create your first chart in the Datylon web app
See the below video to learn about the basics of how to create and style a chart in the Datylon webapp.
- After signing in, click on Create design. Then Select one of the default charts.
- Adding data is done by changing the default data. There are 3 options:
- Type new data straight into the datasheet
- Copy new data in the datasheet from a text editor or spreadsheet
- Upload a xls, xslx or csv file, by clicking Manage data > +Add > Import file
- When importing data, the data might not be formatted correctly to be visualized. Either you re-format the data in the original spreadsheet used, or click on the Formatting tab and change the formatting. For more information, see the article How can I format incoming data?.
- In the Binding tab, the properties under Dataset relate to the basic formatting of the data. Under Series, you can bind the correct columns or rows with the appropriate data driven properties for this particular chart. This means, the properties will change according to the data in the selected column or row. For some charts, extra Series can be added or also removed. A bit more on binding data here, and binding colors & properties here.
- In the Styling tab, you can find a whole range of properties grouped into sections. These properties are used to change the appearance of your chart. The sections can be expanded or collapsed by clicking the arrow on the right. You can click on the eye icon to switch sections on or off. Style properties depend on the chosen chart type and are covered in other articles in more detail.
- Then Save your work and give it a name. You can create a link, generate an embedding code or download it as PDF, SVG or PNG for sharing or further editing in a graphic editor.