Where to find the Datylon Graph features
3 places to find Datylon Graph functionality
- Can be found in the basic toolbar on the left.
- One click on the Datylon icon allows you to drag a chart area box on the artboard. After dragging the box, the Datylon Graph panel opens.
- Double clicking the Datylon Icon opens the Datylon Graph panel. Select a Datylon chart to view its data and properties.
- Opens the Datylon Graph panel
- To login and export your work to the Datylon Graph platform
The Datylon Graph panel has 2 panes:
- On the left, the data pane with the Manage data button and the Data-Sheet-Name field where you can change the name of the datasheet
- On the right, the Chart Property pane with the Select Chart button and the Chart-Element-Name field where you can change the name of the Datylon chart element*.
Either pane can be closed and opened by clicking the small arrows on the bar in between the 2 panes.
In the property pane you'll find and 2 tabs:
Mainly to bind, or link, rows and columns in the data to the data driven properties. See also Binding data. It is important the data is structured as a pivot table for the selected chart. Charts will not be rendered and error messages will appear if the data does not match the chart type.
Contains a whole series of properties to style the appearance of your chart. The properties are grouped into sections for ease of use. The sections and the properties underneath depend on the selected chart type.
*Naming datasheets and chart elements
Datylon chart element and datasheet names can only be changed in the Datylon Graph panel, and not in the Adobe Illustrator layer panel.
The names can only contain Latin characters without diacritics (accents etc.), and cannot contain spaces.
The name must begin with a letter (A-Z, a-z) and may be followed by any number of letters, digits (0-9), hyphens (“-”), underscores (“_”), colons (“:”), and periods (“.”).