Recommended after Datylon for Illustrator license or subscriptions changes
In the past, clearing the cache of Adobe Illustrator was necessary to reset a Datylon license. However, with the introduction of the Reset License feature in the Adobe menu, this step is no longer required:
Reset the Datylon licence key in Illustrator menu under Illustrator > About Datylon > Reset Licence Key (for Mac) or Help > About Datylon > Reset Licence Key (for Windows).
However, in some rare cases, the above procedure is not enough and the cache of Adobe Illustrator needs to be hard cleared. In that case, follow the steps below:
- Quit Adobe Illustrator
- Open Terminal: In Finder, open the /Applications/Utilities folder, then double-click Terminal.
- Type or copy in Terminal:
rm -rf ./cep_cache
- Close Terminal
- Start Adobe Illustrator, start up Datylon for Illustrator by selecting a chart or dragging a chart box and proceed as instructed to log-in to your Datylon account and activate your license.
Quit Adobe Illustrator
Open the Command Prompt app:
Select the Start button, type cmd and open Command Prompt.
- Type or copy in Command Prompt:
rmdir /s cep_cache
- Close Command Prompt app
- Start Adobe Illustrator, start up Datylon for Illustrator by selecting a chart or dragging a chart box and sign in as instructed to your Datylon account.