How to create axes names, chart titles, annotations and many more using Text object in Datylon for Illustrator.
Axes names, chart titles, subtitles and more can be added to your chart design using the Datylon data driven Text object.
Every newly created Text object will have a separate data sheet connected to it by default, but it can be more convenient to use the same data sheet for the chart and for all the additional text elements.
Step by step
In the example below a chart title and axes names will be created using the Datylon Text object.
- Drag a chart on the artboard and leave enough space around for a title and axes names.
- Add column names and enter the chart title and axes names as text.
- Create and place the Text object for the chart title.
- Change data sheet to the "main" data sheet: Go to Manage data > Select the "main" data sheet > Select sheet
- Bind your title column to Text field
Note: if you'll get this warning go to Styling > Chart > Margins and reduce margins.
- Now you can style the text by color, size, paragraph settings, etc. Note that if Font > Fit checkbox is on, the text will fill the whole chart area. In this case you can change the font size by changing the size of chart area. If Font > Fit checkbox is disabled, the size of the font corresponds to the value in the font size box.
7. Follow the same steps for both axes names and you're done!