Some properties are similar to those in Illustrator or are self-explanatory. Other properties however might require some more guidance.
Below, the following properties are explained by means of a bar chart:
- Basic Bar Chart components
- Basic Bar Chart components (in red) and where to style them (in grey)
2. In the Datylon Graph panel, dimensions like height, width, position, thickness and text size can be expressed in pixels, points, inches or millimeters . All these dimensions can be changed in various Sections (marked in grey) under the Styling tab. Below some common dimensions explained by means of a bar charts:
- Spacing is only activated when the Bars > Distribution > Absolute button is on.
- All Labels (numbers or text strings) in Datylon Graph charts, have a feature called Paragraph, to control the text line breaks.
- Width defines the width of the text box and therefor the maximum length of the text string.
- Horizontal Align allows to align text to the rignt, left ot center of the text box.
- Justify stretches words in line in the way that left and right edges are aligned.
- Leading defines the line spacing.